Feb 15, 2009

Taken























"Taken"
Seen: February 11, 2009
At: UA Berkeley 7
With: Myself

This was one of the better action movies I've seen in a while. Liam Neeson is a badass in it for sure. The whole movie I was trying to figure out what I had seen the actress that plays the daughter in before. I figured out when I got home that she was Shannon on LOST, but she had brown hair in the movie which threw me off. So basically, girl goes to Europe with a friend, they get kidnapped, girl's father is a former CIA who tracks down his daughter and her kidnappers. It was full of action and I laughed at the ridiculousness of some of the scenes, but I really did enjoy the movie. Some of the scenes were also fairly jumpy which got annoying as you kind of missed stuff when that happened. Famke Jansen's character was a mix of dumb, cocky, and annoying. I didn't like her. If you like action, go see it in the theater, its worth it. Otherwise, at least rent it. Two funny things: One, my cousin saw this right before she went to Italy to study for 3 months. She said that was a bad idea. Two, after seeing the movie, Collin said his daughters will never go to Europe by themselves. I agree.

I was gonna go see Slumdog Millionaire Friday night but it took me to long to make and eat dinner. Being that I have a midterm and paper due on Thursday and no class Monday, I probably won't see any movies this week. Or if I do it will be on the weekend.

1 comment:

The Lindsey Ladies said...

I agree, great action flick. You feel like kicking ass when you walk out of the theater. I did however miss the last 20 minutes, and Collin explaining the end just doesn't have the same effect :)